As a parent, when you send your child to school, you simply have to trust that the school staff will take care of your child and ensure his or her safety, just as you would. This is especially true for parents of younger children. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, schools can be very unsafe environments for students, and if your child was recently harmed at school due to no fault of his or her own, our Maryland personal injury lawyer is here to help. Read on and contact our firm today to learn more about school accidents in Maryland and how our firm can assist you through every step of the legal process ahead.
How do school accidents happen?
School accidents can occur for a variety of reasons, and at times, especially when it comes to younger children, accidents are unavoidable. However, school accidents can also occur as a result of school staff negligence. Some of the most common causes of school accidents are as follows:
- Providing children with potentially dangerous tools or materials that they are too young to responsibly handle (e.g. handing a toddler a pair of scissors)
- Insufficient or negligent supervision during recess, gym class, or in the hallways, allowing a serious accident to occur
- School authorities learning about acts of bullying occurring and allowing it to persist, whether online or at school
- Carelessly dismissing a child to the wrong parent or guardian
- School bus accidents
- Unsafe playground equipment
- Failure to post “wet-floor” signs or other signs when appropriate
In the most abhorrent cases, students may even be subjected to abuse or neglect from school staff. This is absolutely unacceptable, and if your child was harmed as a result of abuse or neglect, our Maryland personal injury lawyer is ready to bring all liable parties to justice.
Fulfilling the Burden of Proof
As with any other personal injury claim, to have a shot at winning a school accident claim, you will have to provide ample evidence that your child was directly harmed as a result of school staff negligence or abuse. Winning a personal injury claim against a school is seldom easy, which is why you need a Maryland personal injury attorney who has extensive experience gathering and presenting evidence on behalf of their injured clients. You can depend on the Law Offices of Debra A. Saltz to fight for you.
Contact our experienced Maryland firm
The Law Offices of Debra A. Saltz has decades of experience representing clients in Anne Arundel County and Howard County, Maryland who need legal assistance for criminal defense or personal injury matters. Contact the Law Offices of Debra A. Saltz today to discuss your case.