Car accidents are the most common type of auto accident, and if you are someone who has recently been injured in one, you are most likely looking to recover compensation to help cover the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, and more. However, to do so, we will have to prove negligence on the part of the other motorist. Please continue reading and speak with our Maryland personal injury attorney to learn more about the most common causes of car accidents and how our firm can assist you if you’ve been hurt in one.
How do most car accidents happen?
Car accidents can occur for various reasons, and though at times, it can be difficult to discern who was at fault, in most cases, the liable driver is relatively clear. Some of the most common types of driver negligence that our firm sees are as follows:
- Speeding: Speed limits are in place for a reason, and when drivers exceed the speed limit, they endanger themselves and all those around them. Speeding is among the most common causes of car accidents in Maryland, and in most cases, when a car accident occurs, you can bet that at least one of the drivers was traveling above the speed limit.
- Driving While Intoxicated: Driving while under the influence of alcohol is unsafe, illegal, and everyone is taught not to do it. Still, this does not prevent everyone from driving after consuming alcohol. Unfortunately, drunk driving remains among the leading causes of car accidents in Maryland and throughout the United States.
- Texting While Driving: Distracted driving was always a problem, however, now that we have our phones at an arm’s length at all times, texting while driving has relatively quickly become the number one cause of auto accidents in the United States.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: Before merging or changing lanes, it is critical that drivers look to ensure they are not driving into the path of another motorist. When people fail to check blind spots or fail to check altogether, very serious accidents can occur as a result.
- Ignoring Traffic Lights & Signs: Just as speed limits are in place for a reason, traffic lights & signs are as well. Ignoring stop signs and other traffic signals can, and does, result in countless car accidents every single year.
- Failing to control speed to avoid a collision: Many people fail to negotiate traffic and cannot stop in time to avoid a collision with another car. These often result in rear-end accidents.
If you are injured in a car accident and we can prove that the other motorist was taking any of the aforementioned actions at the time of your crash, there is a very good chance that you will have a valid personal injury claim. Our firm is here to help you recover the compensation you need. Give us a call today.
Contact our experienced Maryland firm
The Law Offices of Debra A. Saltz has decades of experience representing clients in Anne Arundel County and Howard County, Maryland who need legal assistance for criminal defense or personal injury matters. Contact the Law Offices of Debra A. Saltz today to discuss your case.