Skip to content

When someone is injured on another person’s property due to unsafe property conditions, they are often entitled to financial compensation via a premises liability claim. Our Maryland personal injury lawyer has assisted countless individuals through the claims process over the years, and she is ready to put her knowledge and experience to work for your case as well. Please continue reading and reach out to our firm to learn more about premises liability claims in Maryland and how we can help guide you through every step of the process. Here are some of the questions you may have:

What constitutes a valid premises liability claim?

If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property, you and your Maryland personal injury lawyer will have to prove several things. First, you must prove that the property owner either knew or should have known about the unsafe property condition. You will then have to prove that the property owner failed to take action to fix the unsafe property condition in a timely fashion. Finally, you must prove that you were injured as a result of the property owner’s negligence and that your injury caused damages.

How can I prove a personal injury claim?

It is critical that anyone who is injured document the incident to help ensure that they have sufficient evidence to satisfy the burden of proof in their personal injury claim. Some of the most valuable forms of evidence can include pictures of the unsafe property condition that caused the injury, videos of the accident as it happened, witness testimony, medical documents associated with the injury, and more. Anyone who is seriously injured in an accident should also call 911 to ensure law enforcement documents the accident and that they receive immediate medical treatment.

How long will I have to file a premises liability claim in Maryland?

After an accident, it is critical that the injured party takes swift action. The statute of limitations for most premises liability claims in Maryland is, generally, three years. This means that you cannot wait longer than three years from the date of your accident to sue. You should also note that in some cases, such as when someone is injured on property owned by a municipality or the government, they will have even less time to file a Notice of Claim. Our firm is prepared to assist you today. Give us a call to learn more about how we can help.

Contact our experienced Maryland firm

The Law Offices of Debra A. Saltz has decades of experience representing clients in Anne Arundel County and Howard County, Maryland who need legal assistance for criminal defense or personal injury matters. Contact the Law Offices of Debra A. Saltz today to discuss your case.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

What Should I Do if I Receive a Grand Jury Subpoena in Maryland?

When you receive a subpoena, you may have a number of questions about your circumstances. However, when this is a…

Read More
What Trucking Regulations Should I Know About If I Was Injured by a Truck?

Though they are essential to the nation's economy as they transport goods across state lines, driving on the road next…

Read More
What Can I Do if I’m Falsely Accused of Domestic Violence?

It’s no secret that not all relationships will work out. While some end amicably, other breakups can be very tense.…

Read More

We Can Help

Contact Us for Your Initial Case Evaluation